I'm sure one of the first computing acronyms I ever leant was GIGO...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIGO

Yes, I know it. Take a look at Etienne's reply for one aspect of the details and why the captions may also count as garbage.

Another important point is that the video captioner they've put together matches video to Hansard, rather than just the captions - that is, to the official record of what was said, rather than what was actually said, which is an important distinction.

Phil