Brian Butterworth wrote:
It's probably worth having a look at this story on the BBC News The Editors:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2008/08/new_ways_of_linking.html

I can't think of a better example of doing something really simple and straightforward completely wrong. Instead of a <a href=""></a> there loads of silly Javascript popus like those rather mad adverts you get on some sites. You wouldn't think there's been a standard way of doing this for almost 15 years...

I actually like the idea that they are using javascript to insert the links into the page, as it means with noscript it is possible to block apture.com and then all the links disappear.

Adam