Hi,

I want to have the Data Directory on a Network Attached Storage (NAS) and
not on the BackupPC Server. The NAS supports NFS, SMB, FTP, CIFS and SSH. I
tried to mount an NFS Share on the NAS and that works well. So I can use the
Data Directory in this Share. But the NAS supports only a UDP connection
with NFS. Are there any other solutions to use a TCP connection? I tried
also SMB, but that did not work with BackupPC. I mounted a Share with SMB
and that works, but when I wanted to start BackupPC, BackupPC did not start.
I only found a log directory on the Share with the LOG file in which was an
error like bind() failed. Does anybody know why SMB does not work with
BackupPC? Or are there any other solutions like to mount a FTP connection?

I hope anybody can help me.

Greets

Simon Köstlin