I hate to be a dipstick but I have now tried installing BackupPC to two
different Linux machines and neither work correctly.

Both machines are running Linux - Fedora FC6. With one, I had it do an install
using YUM. Since that did not work, I had one install using the version 2.1.3
from http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/. I am a Linux beginner. I installed
something wrong and one of these questions will no doubt be viewed as gigantic
bonehead question.

Here is what happens:

Machine 1 - If I go to http://linuxmachine1/backuppc/ I get a web page that says

Index of /backuppc
 Name Last modified Size Description

 Parent Directory   -
 0000000.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  52
 0000011.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  55
 0001000.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  49
 0010000.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  52
 0010001.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  62
 0011000.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  64
 0011001.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  65
 1000000.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  55
 1000100.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  55
 1001000.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  56
 1001100.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  56
 1010000.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  57
 1010001.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  57
 1011000.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  59
 1100000.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  66
 1100100.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  63
 1100101.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  63
 1100110.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  63
 1100111.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  63
 1101000.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  69
 1101100.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  64
 1101101.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  64
 1101110.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  64
 1101111.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  64
 1110000.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  67
 1110001.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  67
 1110100.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  67
 1110101.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  67
 1110110.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  67
 1110111.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  67
 1111000.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  70
 1111001.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  70
 1111100.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  69
 1111101.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  69
 1111110.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  69
 1111111.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  69
 BackupPC_stnd.css 28-Jan-2007 21:42  2.6K
 icon-dir.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  426
 icon-file.gif 28-Jan-2007 21:42  395

Machine 2 - If I go to http://linuxmachine2/backuppc/ I get a web page that says

The webpage cannot be found
 HTTP 404
   Most likely causes:
There might be a typing error in the address.
If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

   What you can try:
     Retype the address.

     Go to 192.168.0.12 and look for the information you want.

     More information

This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to
connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible
that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might
have changed or removed the webpage.

Now for the dubugging:

On machine1, I did "su -s /bin/bash backuppc" followed by
"/var/www/cgi-bin/BackupPC_Admin"

[Mon Feb  5 15:59:08 2007] BackupPC_Admin: Bareword found where operator
expected at /var/lib/BackupPC/conf/config.pl line 1613, near "''http"
[Mon Feb  5 15:59:08 2007] BackupPC_Admin:      (Missing operator before http?)
[Mon Feb  5 15:59:08 2007] BackupPC_Admin: Bareword found where operator
expected at /var/lib/BackupPC/conf/config.pl line 1613, near "//machine1"
[Mon Feb  5 15:59:08 2007] BackupPC_Admin:      (Missing operator before
machine1?)

On machine2, I did "su -s /bin/bash backuppc" followed by
"/usr/share/BackupPC/sbin/BackupPC_Admin" and get a bunch of HTML stuff that
starts with:

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<title>BackupPC Server Status</title>

With all that said, without going into any more debugging info, it sounds like
I have set up both machines wrong (I was hoping either the manual install or
the auto install would work but, no go). Can anyone help to get be back on
course??

Thanks!

Arch