Hi,

Evren Yurtesen wrote on 30.03.2007 at 01:05:48 [Re: [BackupPC-users] very slow
backup speed]:
> Right away when you enable 'tar' backuppc would be misconfigured by your
> definition, should tar support be removed? Tar can not check checksums
> anyway (plus has other flaws where it can miss newer/changed files)
> [...]
> There has been a misunderstanding here. I was only talking about backuppc
> comparing checksums for deciding if the file should be backed up or not and
> it is not impossible to disable this, it is disabled when you use tar for
> example.

yep, there have been several misunderstandings here. Most of us have
noticed, I believe.

1.) Rsync checksums are not a feature of BackupPC. They are a feature of the
    rsync protocol.
2.) Tar full backups do *not* miss files.

And with that, my troll-sitting quota is used up. See you.

Regards,
Holger