On 09/12 04:18 , Lee A. Connell wrote:
> I didn't use LVM original when setting up my partition to hold the data.
> I am running out of space and need to add larger drives.  How do I move
> this data from the smaller current drive to the bigger drives and still
> allow the data to be browsed from the web interface?

You won't be able to migrate the data while it's 'live' without LVM.
you'll need to quiesce the system, and move the data from one partition to
another.

Hopefully, you have a separate partition for the data, if you do, great. you
can go down to single-user mode (or just shut off backuppc and apache,
depending on how much your data encompasses), then unmount the partition.

use 'dd' to copy your data from the old partition to the new one. this is by
far the fastest way to move your data; the hardlinks in the backuppc pool
kill the performance of any file-level copy tools.

use resize_reiserfs (you *are* using reiserfs for your backuppc pool,
correct?) to grow your filesystem to encompass the new partition.

mount the new partition on /var/lib/backuppc, delete anything extraneous
that might otherwise be in there, and move the backuppc tree to the root of
that partition (so that /var/lib/backuppc/<whatever> will work).

obviously, if your paths are different from mine, adjust as necessary.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator