Tony Schreiner wrote:
> On Sep 13, 2007, at 12:06 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>> Tony Schreiner wrote:
>>> I am running a fairly small BackupPC on a Solaris 10 machine ( 6
>>> clients, maybe about 200 GB total backup) . Backup directory on
>>> ZFS,  but I haven't tried any tricks with ZFS yet.
>>> I've had no operational problems. I am using my own version of
>>> perl  rather than the system default.
>> I don't know enough about it to even ask the question right but
>> I've wondered if the zfs send/recv facilities can deal with
>> backuppc's huge number of hardlinks efficiently enough to make
>> offsite copies of the archive - especially with its incremental mode.
>>

> Dunno at this point. But I have empty disk space available to
> experiment. I'm not that knowledgeable about ZFS, but I'll spend some
> time reading up.

The idea would be something like the remote replication at the bottom of
this page. http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-5461/6n7ht6qsd?a=view

Stop backuppc momentarily, make a snapshot, send the snapshot to another
system, repeat the next day with an incremental.  You can probably get
an idea about feasibility if you redirect to files like some of the
other examples and note the sizes compared to the filesystem contents.

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]