Hi,

new to backuppc, I want to use to send my backups
across the Internet (DSL) to an offsite server.

Are there any known backuppc tweaks/settings that
are proven to increase transfer performance over
wan links?  Specifically with using rsyncd or rsync
as the transfer method.

For example a preferred rsync version.

I noticed that the transfer(s) seem to run at the max
upstream for the ADSL connection, (72KB), completely
choking it, is this normal?  Has anyone else seen this?
Are there any settings to improve this?

Thanks much appreciated.  I've noticed that