no, incrementals are more efficient on bandwidth.  they do a less strenuous
test to determine if  a file has changed.

at the expense of CPU power on both sides, you can compress the rsync
traffic either with rsync -z or if you are using ssh then with ssh's
compression.  if you REALLY wanted to go all out you can have rsync pipe
through bzip2 max compression but you would have to pipe it out of bzip2 on
the server side.  that would eat up tons of CPU but would likely use less
bandwidth as long as the files you are backing up are not already
compressed.