On 3/11/21 4:40 PM, backu...@kosowsky.org wrote:
Sounds like the shadow creation script or your implementation of it is
broken.
The precmd script fails to create the shadow volume when it is run from the backuppc user account on the backup server, but works when it's run from just about any other account.  So I'm thinking user admin rights, but the windows admin hasn't yet found exactly which rights are the issue (assuming my theory is even correct; I don't really know the admin side of windows).
Also, why are you using rsyncd? rsync itself is cleaner and generally
more secure as it uses rsa/dsa keys vs. unencrypted secrets.
I'll ask the windows admin, but I suspect the primary reason is "because that's how the backuppc client for windows on sourceforge says to do it".