Hello,

I get the following error messages when I restore two backup
jobs simultaneously:

Error: attribs.c:409 File size of restored file /mnt/file1 not
       correct. Original 340517841, restored 151715840.
Error: attribs.c:409 File size of restored file /mnt/file2 not
       correct. Original 283045352, restored 471781817.

Each backup job contains only one file (job 1 contains /mnt/file1
and job 2 contains /mnt/file2). Both jobs share the same pool and the
same file storage device and, that's important, are running
simultaneously. Consequently the data of both backup jobs are stored
in the same volume file. I use the bconsole to run the restore job
and choose the option '3: Enter list of comma separated JobIds to
select' and enter the jobids of the two backup jobs.

If I restore each backup job separately no errors occur. The errors
don't occur too, if I use data spooling for the backup. But that's
not what I want.

I've tested the bacula versions 1.38.11 and 2.0.2 with linux (SLES9,
SLES10 and debian etch) on x86 and amd64 PCs. The test setup is based
on the bacula example config files with some modifications for
running concurrent backup jobs. The errors are allways the same.

I get similar restore errors concerning the file size on my production
system. I use a Qualstar tape library with two drives (AIT-3) and an
autochanger. The daily backup consist of several jobs. Both drives
are used for simultaneous backups but only one job writes to a drive
at the same time (I've adjusted the parameters 'Maximum Concurrent
Jobs' and 'Prefer Mounted Volumes' suitably). I have reduced the
problem to the following setting:

The first backup job contains one file which fills up one tape to 40%.
The second backup job contains one file too, and it has the size of
120% of the tape capacity. I run both jobs simultaneously. The first
job uses the first drive 1 with tape number 1, and the second job
uses the second drive with the tape number 2. When the second job has
filled the tape number 2, the autochanger changes the tape number 1
(which is allready partially filled with the data from job 1) to the
second drive and the second jobs is finished.

This mixture leads also to the allready mentioned restore problems.
If I restore both backup jobs simultaneously with bconsole (only one
drive is used for the restore) the size of the restored file from the
second job is to small (about the size of the capacity of one tape),
and the file from the first jobs is to large (about the size of the
original file plus the missing part of the second job). If I run
separated restore jobs (one for each backup job) everything is fine.

Is this a bug, or do I need some special settings to avoid the
discribed problems?

Thanks,
        Joern

--