It appears that setting the block size to 0 corrected the problem.
Thanks!

Is this something that I will have to do with each backup job, each
reboot of the operating system, or each power cycle of the tape drive?

Is there a place in the bacula configuration that I can get bacula to
issue the mt command for me so I don't have to worry about it?

Thanks,

Rex

(Here is the tape info you requested, although probably moot at this
point:)

C:\Program Files\Bacula\bin>tapeinfo -f Tape0
Product Type: Tape Drive
Vendor ID: 'QUANTUM '
Product ID: 'DLT7000         '
Revision: '296D'
Attached Changer API: No
SerialNumber: 'CX730S2150'
MinBlock:2
MaxBlock:16777214
SCSI ID: 0
SCSI LUN: 0
Ready: yes
BufferedMode: yes
Medium Type: 0x85
Density Code: 0x1b
BlockSize: 0
DataCompEnabled: no
DataCompCapable: yes
DataDeCompEnabled: yes
CompType: 0x10
DeCompType: 0x10
BOP: yes
Block Position: 0
ActivePartition: 0
EarlyWarningSize: 0
NumPartitions:0
MaxPartitions:0

Windows
> > without success. Before I bang my head against the wall too much, I
> > wanted to ask if in general this works or not. I realize that the
> > Windows side of stuff is still "experimental".
> >
> > I am running Windows 2003 Server that is up to date patch-wise. I am
> > trying to use a DLT-7000 tape drive. The tape drive seems to work
> > correctly with Windows backup and Veritas Backup Exec. The tape
drive
> > passed both the Quantum and HP DLT diagnostics.
> >
> > I installed the 2.0.3 binaries on the server and set up the
> > configuration files. My director on another machine can communicate
with
> > it.
> >
> > My problem is that there seems to be some basic issue talking to the
> > tape drive. When I fire up btape and try something simple like
asking
> > for capabilities I get:
> >
> > *cap
> > Configured device capabilities:
> > EOF BSR BSF FSR FSF FASTFSF !BSFATEOM EOM REM !RACCESS AUTOMOUNT
!LABEL
> > !ANONVOLS ALWAYSOPEN MTIOCGET
> > Device status:
> > OPENED TAPE LABEL !MALLOC !APPEND !READ !EOT !WEOT !EOF !NEXTVOL
!SHORT
> > Device parameters:
> > Device name: Tape0
> > File=0 block=0
> > Min block=0 Max block=0
> >  Bacula status: file=0 block=0
> >  Device status: BOT ONLINE IM_REP_EN file=0 block=0
> > btape: ../../stored/btape.c:1799 Device status: 645.
> > ERR=../../stored/dev.c:1545 ioctl MTBSR error on "DLT-7000" (Tape0)
> > . ERR=Input/output error.
> >
> > If I run the btape test command I don't even get past the first
step.

> > Is there something basic about setting up tape drives under Windows
I am

http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDE