Hi,

On 4/3/2007 10:58 AM, Jérôme Massano wrote:
> Thank you for answering.
>

> I fear my apache is a bit specific : i think it doesn't use mime_magic.
> Here are the lines in httpd.conf that contains "mime" or "magic" or
> "Magic":
>
> ---------
>
> #LoadModule mime_magic_module  modules/mod_mime_magic.so
> LoadModule mime_module        modules/mod_mime.so
>

> # TypesConfig describes where the mime.types file (or equivalent) is
> # to be found.
>
> TypesConfig /etc/mime.types

Yes, looks like that one is used.

>    php_flag  magic_quotes_gpc  off

This shouldn't matter here, unless I misunderstood the problem.

> ---------
>
> The last line "php_flag  magic_quotes_gpc  off"  is in a Directory part
> of httpd.conf that is not the Directory for bweb (it is the Directory of
> horde).
> I think the line "TypesConfig /etc/mime.types" means that I only have to
> modify the file /etc/mime.types, which is already done. Maybe I should
> uncomment the line about mime_magic ?

I wouldn't do that on aserver that is used for other things as well...

Now is probably the time you come up with a more detailed problem
description :-)

Like what you do, what sort of output is generated, corresponding log
entries, and so on. After all, you probably need to attract the bweb
developers, and they probably prefer a good problem description...

> PS : The apache (and bacula) server is on a smeserver 7.0 distro

I don't know that one.

> PPS : I somebody want to tell me when I'm not writing correct En
glish,
> it would help me improve myself (Is this sentence correct ?).

Ermmm... no.

I'm not a native speaker, but I think you mean "I want somebody to tell
me when I'm not writing corect English." Unfortunately, I don't think a
mailing list is the best way to learn a language - most people have to
limit the time they spend with it, and so prefer to focus on the
contents, not the language. I admit that sometimes I'm tempted to
comment on the language, but I prefer not to start *that* sort of
conversation  ;-)

Arno

> Regards,
>
> Jerome Massano
>
> Le mardi 03 avril 2007 à 10:20 +0200, Arno Lehmann a écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> On 4/3/2007 9:24 AM, Jérôme Massano wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> Thank you for your answer.
>>> Yes, I did read the installation documentation (INSTALL file). Actually,
>>> nothing about apache is written in brestore documentation. There is
>>> something about this in bweb documentation, but it is just to protect
>>> bweb installation :
>>> There is also something about mime types (text/brestore must be
>>> associated with brestore.pl), but I think I did it well (modified
>>> file /etc/mime.types - maybe in need to do something else for the mime
>>> types to be really associated with brestore ?)
>> I don't know much about bweb, but a little about apache :-)
>>
>> You probably have to modify apache's own magic file which is usually not
>> in /etc.
>>
>>  From the apache manual:
>>
>> MimeMagicFile Directive
>> the specified magic file
>> Syntax:      MimeMagicFile file-path
>> Context:     server config, virtual host
>> Module:      mod_mime_magic
>>
>> In other words, searcg for 'Magic' in your apache config and modify hat
>> file.
>>
>> Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]