Hi,

03.11.2007 20:32,, Dan Langille wrote::
> On 3 Nov 2007 at 19:58, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> El jue, 01-11-2007 a las 10:12 +0100, Arno Lehmann escribió:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Oops... I missed that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

>>> I'd rather try to nag Kern to keep python in there. Once I get around
>>> to setting up a new backup server here in the office, I do have some
>>> plans with python :-)
> The issue is one of support. When a bug arises, someone has to fix
> it.  At present, that someone is Kern.  Bacula needs more people that
> can fix those bugs.

True. But chances might be better to find such a person if python was
left in... if we had it in Bacula (as long as possible - Bacula core
development might some day get incompatible with how python is
embedded today - ) that might be a starting point for someone who
knows python's inside well enough.

Anyone of you active on the python developers mailing list? There
might be someone around who would support pythons embedding in other
hardware looking for a nice project (with not too many support issues
currently...)

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann