On Monday 05 November 2007 12:14:51 Rich wrote:
> you probably wanted to send this to list ;)
>
> On 2007.11.05. 13:01, Marek Simon wrote:
> > I think some scripting support is good for various hacking and unusual
> > solutions, but I think python is kind of "exotical" language.
Designed to be easy to read and understand - one good quality for an interface
scripting language.
> > Very few
> > users know it, very few projects is written in it
Please try to remove all Python from your Linux box (if you have one) and
let's see what's still working?
> > and on universities
> > it's tought very rarely.
Maybe because it is so easy to understand and learn that there is no need for
tutoring!

> > May be some other language would be appriciate.
>
> it's not that exotic, actually. you can even write openoffice.org macros
> in it :)
>
> as for the language itself, i can't comment. i don't code, and if i can
> configure it for my liking once, that's all i want. oh, and i also want
> it not to break on upgrades =)
>
> > MArek

Regards

Steen