On Monday 2019-04-29 14:36:07 Dimitri Maziuk via Bacula-users wrote:
> On 4/29/19 1:57 PM, Josip Deanovic wrote:
> > Because of the reasons Kern already wrote.
>
> Yes, but they have nothing to do with the question.

It does. It implies that it is not supported by the authors/maintainers
of the Bacula and therefore such setup is not future-proof.

Not that I wouldn't like to see the SQLite continue although I don't
use it (I like to have as many options as possible) but if it complicates
maintenance and authors/maintainers are not ready to continue it, I
don't see any other option but discontinue as it would only hurt people
who try to use it and rely on it in the future while the support breaks
again and there will be nobody to fix it (the last good people from Debian
jumped in and made it work again).

Maybe an effort is needed to help people to move from the SQLite
to mysql/postgres. E.g. some migration scripts or something.
I am not sure if those exist already. I think somebody said that
they don't exist.

Regards!

--
Josip Deanovic