On 2020-01-28 10:45, Jean Mark Orfali wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am used to this principle with Linux but I don't understand why it just
> takes it when Bacula is working and it slows down the server so much that I
> can no longer access it in ssh.

1 - Presumably only Bacula is doing enough file access on this server
that it needs to cache that many files.

2 - A slowdown such as you describe has nothing to do with file caching
in memory.  Memory is FAST.  That's the POINT of caching recently opened
files in memory.  Have you looked at your storage I/O on this server?
What is its physical and logical storage configuration?  Do you know how
to use iostat?  Have you ruled out the case that your server is simply
I/O bound - which is to say, you are saturating the I/O capacity of your
physical storage?

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications