This might be a better question for bacula-devel, but are there plans to
provide MariaDB packages in addition to the existing MySQL packages? The
current bacula-mysql package fails to install on my Ubuntu 20.04 system with
MariaDB due to the embedded mysql dependencies. I was hoping that there were
some compatibility packages that would take care of this, but I haven’t been
able to track any down.

 bacula-mysql : Depends: mysql-client but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: libmysqlclient20 (>= 5.7.11) but it is not installable

Dan Rich <dr...@employees.org>
http://www.employees.org/~drich/
"Step up to red alert!" "Are you sure, sir?
It means changing the bulb in the sign..."
        - Red Dwarf (BBC)