Hej!

j> "j" == jmaness  <jman...@engineering.ucsb.edu> writes:

j> Thank you very much for this suggestion. We'll look into that. Our
j> main concern is that our director is set to version 9.0.6 as that's
j> what Enterprise Linux seems to have pegged the version to. Homebrew
j> wants to compile version 11 so we're going to look to see if we can
j> set the version for the formula.

As Martin Simmons points out this is fixed in a later version
(9.4.3?). See thread:

  https://sourceforge.net/p/bacula/mailman/message/36600311/

But if you really need version 9.0.x I think you also can try
switching compiler -- I could reproduce the error from "fresh" bacula
9.0.8 sources using Xcode 12.4 on Mac OS X 10.15.7:

 $ /usr/bin/gcc --version
 Configured with: --prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr
--with-gxx-include-dir=/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
 Apple clang version 12.0.0 (clang-1200.0.32.29)
 Target: x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0
 Thread model: posix
 InstalledDir:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin

Then I switch to gcc from MacPorts and it compiled fine using the same
configure, cflags, etc etc:

 $ /opt/local/bin/gcc --version
 gcc (MacPorts gcc10 10.2.0_5) 10.2.0

Maybe the Xcode compiler is a little too picky...?

Yours, Robert.

--
ROBERT ADESAM, Systems Engineer
Department of Philosophy, Linguistics and Theory of Science