This is a followup of my previous posts. I'm doing an upgrade from Bacula 9 to 13 on Ubuntu 23.04. I realize there is no specific support for 23.04 so I'm making believe I'm on Jammy.

I've gotten past the apt-key issue and sources are set up, and apt-get update has succeeded. Now my question is about the next step dealing with the fact that this is an upgrade of a working Bacula 9 installation. (Don't worry, its really on a test machine before I try it on a production machine).

So I know I need to copy /etc/bacula to a safe place. Should I also delete it?

I will also stop director , sd, and fd. and move those binaries out of the way.

I'm running mysql. Should I do anything there to the existing bacula data base?

Assuming the answers to those the next stop is

apt-get install bacula-mysql

I would assume I then copy back the saved /etc/bacula back in place and then start the new binaries.

What about updating the mysql tables from 9 to 13? Where does that happen.

Sorry for all the needy questions. This is my first time not using the bundled Ubuntu package support for Bacula  which handles updates transparently. Debian/Ubuntu has no Bacula maintainer now.

---

Side issue about the Documentation, what is the "concatenate" note about. It makes no sense, deb would just be an ignored comment.

Complete example:

#Bacula Community
deb [arch=amd64] https://www.bacula.org/packages/abc123defxxxyyy/debs/13.0.1 xenial main

Note 1: please concatenate the last 2 lines into 1 line.