On 7/1/23 18:30, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
So I know I need to copy /etc/bacula to a safe place. Should I also
delete it?

No, don't do that, you want to keep your configuration. If you delete those files you'll lose it.

I will also stop director , sd, and fd. and move those binaries out of
the way.

You shouldn't need to do that.  Let the package system handle it.

I'm running mysql. Should I do anything there to the existing bacula
data base?

See below.

Assuming the answers to those the next stop is

apt-get install bacula-mysql

I would assume I then copy back the saved /etc/bacula back in place and
then start the new binaries.

What about updating the mysql tables from 9 to 13? Where does that happen.

The update-mysql-tables script will take care of that for you. Run it BEFORE you start the new Director.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications