Gilberto,

At 10:05 AM 12/17/2004, you wrote:
>>I wonder how Bahais generally view the Quakers? I've been to Quaker-style
>>service where most of the people in the room weren't even Quaker.<<

I subscribe to four Quaker-oriented email lists. There is currently an online
culture war being waged between Christ-focused Quakers and liberal/universal
Quakers.

On those lists, I repeatedly read comments from Quakers complaining about the
elevation of tradition over mysticism in Quaker meetings. The following essay
is fairly typical:

http://www.pendlehill.org/frames%20lectures/caldwell.html

The appeal of Quakerism, especially its focus on the inner Light, to many
people is understandable. However, most self-defined Christians are not joining
Quaker churches and meetings (Friends United Meeting, Evangelical Friends
International, etc.), and the more liberal Quaker meetings, such as those
associated (in the U.S.) with the Friends General Conference, are experiencing
similar declines in membership to liberal churches.

>>There was one more conventional Quraker one who came from a Quaker-Buddhist
>>background, 2 Bahais, 1 Muslim, and one or two others who are perhaps harder
>>to describe religiously. Like Bahais I guess the Quakers don't think that
>>revelation ends, but then they are less into the idea of "authorized
>>interpreters".<<

Not all Quakers believe in the concept of divine revelation. Many are both
anti-supernatural physicalists and secularists. Some are also involved with the
Ethical Culture Society:

http://www.aeu.org/

There are also many Quakers who define themselves as Jews, Buddhists, and
neo-pagans.

>>Would the Bahai faith be opposed to Bahais participating in such services and
>>trying to listen to revelation through the "inner light"?<<

Only if they officially joined the one of the Religious Societies of Friends.

Mark A. Foster * http://markfoster.net
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger"
-- Abbie Hoffman