What is the advise of the Universal House of Justice?

Khazeh Fananapazir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dear John Smith

John Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED]
May my life be an offering for your kind words.

Yes I am a Persian married to an Egyptian...

But in relation to writing and style of writing this servant of yours is
influenced [or hopes to be influenced by the Advice of the Universal House
of Justice]

With genuine gratitude to you dear John Smith your humble aspiring servant
kf

******
Baha'u'llah warns us that "the tongue is a smouldering fire, and excess of
speech a deadly poison." "Material fire consumeth the body," He says in
elaborating the point, "whereas the fire of the tongue devoureth both heart
and soul. The force of the former lasteth but for a time, whilst the effects
of the latter endureth a century." In tracing the framework of free speech,
He again advises "moderation". "Human utterance is an es! sence which aspireth
to exert its influence and needeth moderation", He states, adding: "As to
its influence, this is conditional upon refinement which in turn is
dependent upon hearts which are detached and pure. As to its moderation,
this hath to be combined with tact and wisdom as prescribed in the Holy
Scriptures and Tablets."
ALSO RELEVANT TO WHAT IS SAID, AND HOW, IS WHEN IT IS SAID. For speech, as
for so many other things, there is a season. Baha'u'llah reinforces this
understanding by drawing attention to the maxim that, "Not everything that a
man knoweth can be disclosed, nor can everything that he can disclose be
regarded as timely, nor can every timely utterance be considered as suited
to the capacity of those who hear it."

Speech is a powerful phenomenon. Its freedom is both to be extolled
and feared. It calls for an acute exercise of judgement, since both the
limitation of speech and the excess of it can lead to dire consequences

As to manner and style, Baha'u'llah has exhorted "authors among the friends"
to "write in such a way as would be acceptable to fair-minded souls, and not
lead to cavilling by the people". And He issues a reminder: "We have said in
the past THAT ONE WORD HATH THE INFLUENCE OF SPRING AND CAUSETH HEARTS TO
BECOME FRESH AND VERDANT, WHILE ANOTHER IS LIKE UNTO BLIGHT WHICH CAUSETH
THE BLOSSOMS AND FLOWERS TO WITHER."

The vantage point that gives us perspective and is the foundation of our
belief and actions rests on our recognition of the sovereignty of God and
our submission to His will as revealed by Baha'u'llah, His supreme
Manifestation for this promised Day. To accept the Prophet of God in His
time and to abide by His bidding are the two essential, inseparable duties
which each soul was created to fulfill. One exercises these twin duties by
one's own choice, an act constituting the highest _expression_ of the fre! e
will with which every human being has been endowed by an all-loving
Creator.... the unifying spirit of the Cause of God must also be
preserved.... MOTIVE, MANNER, MODE, BECOME RELEVANT; BUT THERE IS ALSO THE
MATTER OF LOVE: LOVE FOR ONE'S FELLOWS, LOVE FOR ONE'S COMMUNITY, LOVE FOR
ONE'S INSTITUTIONS. The responsibility resting on the individual to conduct
himself in such a way as to ensure the stability of society takes on
elemental importance in this context....
LOVE AND HARMONY, PURITY OF MOTIVE, HUMILITY AND LOWLINESS AMONGST THE
FRIENDS, PATIENCE AND LONG-SUFFERING IN DIFFICULTIES -- THESE INFORM THE
ATTITUDE WITH WHICH THEY PROCEED "WITH THE UTMOST DEVOTION, COURTESY,
DIGNITY, CARE AND MODERATION TO EXPRESS THEIR VIEWS", each using "perfect
liberty" both in so doing and in "unveiling the proof of his demonstration".
"If another contradicts him, he must not become excited because if there be
no investigation or verification of question! s and matters, the agreeable
view will not be discovered neither understood."

Gilberto (to Khazeh):
You are very welcome. And you are being way too exaggerated in your
complements. It really isn't necessary. I would actually feel more
comfortable without such comments. I trust you have good intentions
and are sincerely trying to be warm and friendly.
Gilberto (to Khazeh):
 Thank you. I actually like it better when I feel you are being candid. I
you don't like something, feel free to say you don't like it.

***
Gilberto, it doesn't seem like you are familiar with the Persian Language.
It is very flowery.  Reading Khazeh's writing styles is like listening to
Persians speaking among themselves, or like reading persian books in
persian.  I personally enjoy it.
...John Smith