Hi Richard,

Gilberto is right about this, I believe.  The Guardian and Master also stated that nature is a reflection of the spiritual world and that we can learn a lot by studying nature.  For example, Mr. Taherzadeh on many times (and I believe Dr. Hatcher does the same in his books) have stated these.  OneI can remember is when he stated that the Egg, and how a fertilized egg becomes spoiled before the new LIFE is hatched out of the egg, is a sign from God about what happens when the New Dispensation comes.

Regards.

> Richard:
> > Could we depend upon "moral reasoning" rather than the Revelation of God;
> > most certainly He would have revealed it and given us guidance upon the
> > identification and application thereof.
>
> Gilberto:
> Over and over again the Quran asks the reader to look at the world, to
> use his or her reason and sense.
>
> Richard
> I don't find that to be true at all Gilberto.

[2.44] What! do you enjoin men to be good and neglect your own souls
while you read the Book; have you then no sense?

[15.75] Surely in this are signs for those who examine.

[3.191] Those who remember Allah standing and sitting and lying on
their sides and reflect on the creation of the heavens and the earth:
Our Lord! Thou hast not created this in vain! Glory be to Thee; save
us then from the chastisement of the fire:

[13.3] And He it is Who spread the earth and made in it firm mountains
and rivers, and of all fruits He has made in it two kinds; He makes
the night cover the day; most surely there are signs in this for a
people who reflect.

[16.11] He causes to grow for you thereby herbage, and the olives, and
the palm trees, and the grapes, and of all the fruits; most surely
there is a sign in this for a people who reflect.

[16.44] With clear arguments and scriptures; and We have revealed to
you the Reminder that you may make clear to men what has been revealed
to them, and that haply they may reflect.

[16.69] Then eat of all the fruits and walk in the ways of your Lord
submissively. There comes forth from within it a beverage of many
colours, in which there is healing for men; most surely there is a
sign in this for a people who reflect.

[30.8] Do they not reflect within themselves: Allah did not create the
heavens and the earth and what is between them two but with truth, and
(for) an appointed term? And most surely most of the people are
deniers of the meeting of their Lord.

[30.21] And one of His signs is that He created mates for you from
yourselves that you may find rest in them, and He put between you love
and compassion; most surely there are signs in this for a people who
reflect.

[3.190] Most surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth and
the alternation of the night and the day there are signs for men who
understand.

[45.13] And He has made subservient to you whatsoever is in the
heavens and whatsoever is in the earth, all, from Himself; most surely
there are signs in this for a people who reflect

[2.164] Most surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth and
the alternation of the night and the day, and the ships that run in
the sea with that which profits men, and the water that Allah sends
down from the cloud, then gives life with it to the earth after its
death and spreads in it all (kinds of) animals, and the changing of
the winds and the clouds made subservient between the heaven and the
earth, there are signs for a people who understand.

In Arabic, the same word "ayat" is used for the signs of God in nature
and the verses of God in the Quran. Humans have a capacity to learn
about God by reflecting and contemplating the creation.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.

You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:archive@mail-archive.com Unsubscribe: send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe: send subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe: http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web - http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu