The Baha'i Studies Listserv

> I wonder if Covenant-breaking sects convert Baha'i to their way of thinking
> or non-Baha'is or both? They seek to convert both, but who are most of them?

Dear Stephen,

Most Remeyite groups only manage to convert a handful of Baha'is and
hardly anybody else. The Jenseniites have been an exception in this
regard. Leland Jensen managed to use New Age networks like the Rainbow
Gatherings and connections with students at Montana State University
to build up a cult following. He lost most of that after the failed
prophecies of 1980, still I think it is fair to say that most of his
followers, including Neal Chase himself, were never Baha'is.

warmest, Susan