The Baha'i Studies Listserv

From: bounce-549420-27...@list.jccc.edu
[mailto:bounce-549420-27...@list.jccc.edu] On Behalf Of Iskandar Hai, M.D.
Sent: 31 December 2010 06:26
To: Baha'i Studies
Subject: Re: nakhlah raid was Re: Stealth Jihad

The Baha'i Studies Listserv

I find the idea of "reconnaissance" missions, in 624, quite amusing to say the
least.

I am just a humble. Lowly, insignificant reader of this list from time to time.

I believe that the studies part of this list’s purpose has diminished
exponentially recently. But I believe that Mr Gilberto Simpson should be kept
as a contributor. Gilberto knows and I have with greatest respect mentioned
this to him that he should not re-iterate finality [khatmiyyat without engaging
with all the Bahai Proofs on this. But of course, of course, he is entitled to
continue on his point of view re: khatmiyyat and khaatamiyyat. I have friends
who not just for ten years but for over thirty years insist on their own point
of view re *seal-ship* and then suddenly open us lovingly to the Bahai
Teachings, to Baha’u’llah and this Day of God (Yawm uLlaah).

In fact just last week u met an Egyptian of great learning and erudition and I
asked him what made you go over the impassable bridge of verse 33:40 on to the
Bahai? He replied that for over 30 years! he disputed and attacked the Bahai
position with all the “weapons” in his “armamentarium” and then…and
then…suddenly alone one night he wondered what was the connection what is the
connection of the Holy Prophet’s Marriage to Zayd’s recently divorced wife
Zaynab got to do with finality of revelation?...because the first part of the
verse is most clearly a reference to that person Zayd etc and the second part
of verse 33:40 mentions (Khaatam)…

He followed his conscience on this…

Further I have had a dream …I won’t mention the details of it but I did dream
that a Holy Soul in Islam (I forget whether it was, I ask forgiveness of God!,
The Prophet HimSelf or one of the Imams said to me: ** Gilberto will come.
Gilberto will see. You have shown Gilberto love. It will not go wasted…)
something like this.**

So let us all be respectful and continue genuine in depth study.

For example and in all sincerity I ask has any one on this list read this book

Tolerance and coercion in Islam:

interfaith relations in the Muslim tradition

<http://books.google.com/books?id=a0nToibj6K4C&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0>

<http://www.google.com/search?tbs=bks:1&tbo=p&q=+inauthor:%22Yohanan+Friedmann%22>
 Yohanan Friedmann

 <http://books.google.com/books?id=a0nToibj6K4C&sitesec=reviews> 1 Review

Cambridge University Press, 2003 -
<http://www.google.com/search?tbs=bks:1&tbo=p&q=+subject:%22Religion%22&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0>
 Religion - 233 pages

Since the beginning of its history, Islam has encountered other religious
communities both in Arabia and in the territories conquered during its
expansion. Muslims faced other religions from the position of a ruling power
and were therefore able to determine the nature of that relationship in
accordance with their world-view and beliefs. Yohanan Friedmann's original and
erudite study examines questions of religious tolerance as they appear in the
Quran and in the prophetic tradition, and analyses the principle that Islam is
exalted above all religions, discussing the ways in which this principle was
reflected in various legal pronouncements. The book also considers the various
interpretations of the Quranic verse according to which 'No compulsion is there
in religion', noting that, despite the apparent meaning of this verse, Islamic
law allowed the practice of religious coercion against Manichaeans and Arab
idolators, as well as against women and children in certain circumstances.

And the only thing I beg of Gilberto Simpson is that he should not provoke
simple and hopefully pure souls like me by writing *Haifan Baha’is* as in his
letter of December the 21st **Naison, I don't think you got what I intended to
say. Once you've chosen to be a Haifan Bahai, then by all means, make a
commitment to follow all of the rules of the Aqdas and the guidance of the
UHJ.**

It is provocative a bit and it is not necessary