The Baha'i Studies Listserv
Khazeh sends with spellings checked this time. Please discard the last one

On Behalf Of Iskandar Hai, M.D.
Sent: 31 December 2010 06:26

The Baha'i Studies Listserv
Dr Hai wrote:
***

I find the idea of "reconnaissance" missions, in 624, quite amusing to say the
least. ***

khazeh fananapazir writes:

I am just a humble, lowly, insignificant reader of this list and that only from
time to time.

I believe that the studies part of this list’s purpose has diminished
exponentially recently. But I believe that Mr Gilberto Simpson should be kept
as a contributor. So also should my dear Dr HAI. Gilberto knows (and I have,
with the greatest respect, mentioned this to him ) that he should not
re-iterate finality [khatmiyyat without engaging with all the Bahai Proofs on
this just repeating and repeating. But of course, of course, my dear Gilberto
is entitled to continue on his point of view re: khatmiyyat and khaatamiyyat.
Religious views can be the most firmly held views on earth. I have friends who
not just for ten years but for over thirty years insist on their own point of
view re *seal-ship* and then suddenly they open themselves  lovingly to the
Bahai Teachings, to Baha’u’llah and to appreciating this Day of God (Yawm
uLlaah).

In fact just last week I  met an Egyptian of great learning and erudition and I
asked him: ** what made you go over the impassable bridge of verse 33:40 on to
the Bahai? This so impossible bridge “a bridge to far” **

He replied that for over 30 years! he disputed and attacked the Bahai position
with all the “weapons” in his “armamentarium” and then…and then…suddenly alone
one night he wondered what was the connection what was meant to be the
connection or relevance of the Holy Prophet’s Marriage to Zayd’s recently
divorced wife Zaynab with finality of revelation?...because the first part of
the verse is most clearly a reference to that person Zayd etc and the second
part of verse 33:40 mentions (Khaatam)…

He followed his conscience on this…and studied Bahá’u’lláh’s Writings.

Further personally I (khazeh) have had a dream …I won’t mention the details of
it but I did dream that a Holy Soul in Islam (I forget whether it was, I ask
forgiveness of God!,  the Prophet HimSelf or one of the Imams said to me: **
Gilberto will come. Gilberto will see. Gilberto will appreciate the Faith. You
have shown Gilberto love. It will not go wasted…) something like this. **

So let us all be respectful and continue genuine and in depth study.

For example and in all sincerity I ask has any one on this list read this book

Tolerance and coercion in Islam:

interfaith relations in the Muslim tradition

<http://books.google.com/books?id=a0nToibj6K4C&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0>

<http://www.google.com/search?tbs=bks:1&tbo=p&q=+inauthor:%22Yohanan+Friedmann%22>
 Yohanan Friedmann

 <http://books.google.com/books?id=a0nToibj6K4C&sitesec=reviews> 1 Review

Cambridge University Press, 2003 -
<http://www.google.com/search?tbs=bks:1&tbo=p&q=+subject:%22Religion%22&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0>
 Religion - 233 pages

Since the beginning of its history, Islam has encountered other religious
communities both in Arabia and in the territories conquered during its
expansion. Muslims faced other religions from the position of a ruling power
and were therefore able to determine the nature of that relationship in
accordance with their world-view and beliefs. Yohanan Friedmann's original and
erudite study examines questions of religious tolerance as they appear in the
Quran and in the prophetic tradition, and analyses the principle that Islam is
exalted above all religions, discussing the ways in which this principle was
reflected in various legal pronouncements. The book also considers the various
interpretations of the Quranic verse according to which 'No compulsion is there
in religion', noting that, despite the apparent meaning of this verse, Islamic
law allowed the practice of religious coercion against Manichaeans and Arab
idolators, as well as against women and children in certain circumstances.

But the only thing I beg of Gilberto Simpson is that he should not provoke
simple and hopefully pure souls like me by writing *Haifan Baha’is* as in his
letter of December the 21st **Naison, I don't think you got what I intended to
say. Once you've chosen to be a Haifan Bahai, then by all means, make a
commitment to follow all of the rules of the Aqdas and the guidance of the
UHJ.**

It is provocative a bit and it is not necessary

Your loving friend in His Path khazeh