The Baha'i Studies Listserv
On 31 Dec 2010 at 16:20, Gilberto Simpson wrote:

> The Baha'i Studies Listserv
> I don't have a problem with avoiding the phrase. It wasn't meant to be
> provocative or insulting. But as an outsider to the conflicts between
> different groups which all claim to follow Bahaullah, I'm not sure
> what is the best neutral way to describe the largest group. Would it
> be offensive to say "mainstream Bahais"?

"Mainstream" is a good term, since it recognises the fact that 99.9%
or more of all Bahais who are committed members of any particular
Bahai community, are members of the Bahai World Community headed by
the Universal House of Justice. The other Bahai identities together
add up to maybe 100 or 200 members, they can be called fringe groups
or splinter groups or micro groups, simply on grounds of size.

Sen

Sen McGlinn       http://senmcglinn.wordpress.com

The influence of individual souls is and always will be beloved.  For
the influence
of each soul is its fruit, and a soul without influence is considered
a tree without
fruit in the most great realm.  Speak forth for the sake of God, and
spread the
cause for his sake.  Do not look at whether others accept or deny,
but rather at
the service you are commanded to perform by God.

Baha'u'llah -- Tablet of the Son -- http://www-
personal.umich.edu/~jrcole/bahai/2001/bhson.htm