Hi Jörg,

let me describe this on another way:

I use my own set of configuration files that are more divided, e.g.:

bareos org config -> config file 1, config file 2

bareos updates creates the original file. And now bareos can't start if
the ressource can't be double like messages....

Other effect is I have a client "bareos-fd" in my database that doesn't
exist. The same to pools and schedules.

Regards

Stefan

Am 31.08.2016 um 15:33 schrieb Jörg Steffens:

> Am 29.08.2016 um 23:41 schrieb Stefan Klatt:
>>> I understand your point of view, however I do not see this big impact,
>>> as adding a resource (e.g. a profile) will not change Bareos behavior.
>> I use the config files "Daemon.conf" and "Standard.conf" for message
>> configuration. If I update bareos it writes it's own message
>> configuration and brakes the running configuration.
> Let me try to understand this:
> You manually created configuration files
> /etc/bareos/bareos-dir.d/messages/Daemon.conf on a Bareos installation,
> which did not include this file and than updated to a Bareos version
> which includes this file and the Bareos package has overwritten your
> file? Correct?
> If yes, than this would be indeed be a problem. On what OS are you
> running Bareos?
>
> regards,
> Jörg

-- *CaC, Computer and Communication* Inhaber Stefan Klatt End-2-End
Senior Network Consultant Triftstrasse 9 60528 Frankfurt Germany
USt-IdNr.: DE260461592 Tel.: +49-(0)172-6807809 Tel.:
+49-(0)69-67808-900 Fax: +49-(0)69-67808-837 Email:
stefan.kl...@cac-netzwerk.de Profil: http://www.cac-netzwerk.de/profil