Hello Aurelien,

how to deploy a WAR file heavily depends on the container you are using,
so there is no general guidance from us. It might be more advisable to
ask on the actual container mailing list (i.e. tomcat, jetty, whatever)
or consult their documentation.

Having said that, some time ago I testes BaseX on OpenShift using
JBosAS. This documentation actually helped me:
https://openshift.github.io/documentation/oo_cartridge_guide.html#jbossas

I just pushed the repository to github:
https://github.com/dirkk/openshift-basex

Now, when modifying the RestXQ files I simply edit the files in
src/main/webapp, commit (git commit) them and by using git push push
them to openshift. Using maven, OpenShift compiles the WAR file and
deploys it automatically at http://jbossas-dirkk.rhcloud.com/

Be ware, that when you use OpenShift, everything is subject to your git
repository, i.e. they might spawn a new process by cloning your
repository. This means, everything you store on the file system which is
not in git is actually not safely stored (you can use S3 or similar to
do so). So this also applies to BaseX when it stores its database files.

Also, you might want to take a look at the BaseXHTTP version. In this
case, BaseX runs within a Jetty servlet container and this is as simple
as starting basexhttp. So if you want to be up and running in no time,
this might be your safest bet (if you have a web server were you can run
java).

Cheers,
Dirk

--
Dirk Kirsten, BaseX GmbH, http://basex.org
|-- Firmensitz: Blarerstrasse 56, 78462 Konstanz
|   Dr. Christian Grün, Dr. Alexander Holupirek, Michael Seiferle
`-- Phone: 0049 7531 28 28 676, Fax: 0049 7531 20 05 22