Andy, Dirk, Christian, many thanks for the indications.

However I still have no luck with openshift as whatever I'm doing, the ssh
connection does not want to work.

I tried everything including switching from windows 8 to a windows 7
machine, using git BASH, etc, and even using SFTP via filezilla as
explained here:

(https://www.openshift.com/blogs/using-filezilla-and-sftp-on-windows-with-openshift)

as well as following this advices for windows OS:
https://www.openshift.com/blogs/tips-for-creating-openshift-apps-with-windows

but each time, it says "Permission Denied" or "No supported authentication
methods available (server sent: publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic)".

So it does not want to "git clone" the application to the local machine
via ssh...

Rather frustrating, but well, I'm patient and open to any suggestion.