Quoting Glenn Glazer (glenn.gla...@gmail.com):

> This is called ad hominem.  If you are going to do that, you've lost
> me as a conversation partner.

Deirdre and Cheryl might have the right to be aggrieved -- if the
characterisation weren't already one they laughingly acknowledge to be
true.  I didn't say your non-sequitur conviction that I must be trying
to convince you of something, just because I'm talking to you, makes
_you_ self-centred.  That would be massive overgeneralisation.

As an aside, nor did I say there's anything wrong with being a
stereotypical only-child type, either.  Heck, I even married one and
accepted another as a household member.

Anyway, have fun sharecropping for Google.