  Pete> Too much of Jack Twilley's post to respond to, so I won't
  Pete> quote.  If we are talking wholesale reforms here, we ought to
  Pete> move away from the name being the primary index key first I
  Pete> would have thought, to allow multiple identical names in the
  Pete> DB. This could also allow BBDB to prompt for new record
  Pete> creation when a new address is seen or an existing name. This
  Pete> reminds me, when it mentions name mismatches, it could offer
  Pete> some way to remedy it (by adding an AKA perhaps).

That's an occasion to present my feature request.  It would be nice
if the Supercite's attribution were a searchable key field, like AKA.

The reason is that an attribution often become familiar in a thread,
it is always short, so it is quite natural to search by attribution.
Of course one could copy attributions to AKA, but making the user to
explicitly do this task would be contrary to the discrete spirit of
BB service.

--
Sergei