On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Ronan Waide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've just nuked the $Log$ tag from the top of bbdb-vm since it's
> starting to get unwieldy, and on reflection I'm thinking there may be
> reasons to leave it in place. My reason for removing it, and being
> inclined to remove the others, is that the information in the $Log$
> tag is duplicated in the CVS metadata, and is also present in the
> ChangeLog file assuming us developer folk keep it up-to-date. The
> downside appears to be that vc-update-change-log seems to depend on
> you having a $Log$ tag to make its updates, although I've not looked
> at the vc code to verify this.
>
> Any comments?

I am far from an expert on the VC code, but I have played in the area.
It looks to me like the $Log$ tag is not required for this function; the
help for the 'rcs2log' script - on which it depends - indicate that the
CVS repository can be (and is, preferentially) used as a source for it's
information.

        Daniel

--
The real danger is the gradual erosion of individual liberties through the
automation, integration, and interconnection of many small, separate