> I'm still not sure how to deal with ChangeLog files and CVS.  In my
> little mini-project I have recently tried to do `C-x 4 a' to add
> information to the ChangeLog file, and then I tell PCL-CVS to use the
> ChangeLog entries as default for the commit messages.  This appears to
> work fine.

What I don't like about this method is the duplication of information
for every file.  Assume you needed to change more than one file to
achive a given end, then you would enter the same text multiple times
into your ChangeLog if I recall the workings of ChangeLog mode
correctly.  I found it errorprone to mention all the files I changed.

I found it much easier to check in multiple files with the same
message and then generate a ChangeLog.  This way the informaition is
IMHO much more consistent. There is a nice Perl-script around called
cvs2cl.pl which does a great job. It's available at
http://www.red-bean.com/~kfogel.

> Maybe you should just try out both and then decide which one is used,
> and then everybody uses that method on BBDB?

Indeed, I would support this process.

Regards -- Stephan
--
Stephan Engelke                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]