I have been using the bbdb for about two months now and I feel like I
am using it wrong.  I spend all my time tweaking the
bbdb-ignore-some-messages-alist for email addresses I don't want
noticed, to protect them from being automatically added (I have that
turned on for gnus mail groups).  I also spend a lot of time manually
deleting ??? entries (ones without a name) from the bbdb.  I feel that
this is wrong because I'll be doing this manual cleaning and updating
for the rest of my life using this plan.

So rather than having to keep my bbdb "clean", I would like there to
be a way so that my frequent contacts bubble up to the top, so
whenever I M-x bbdb RET RET I can see the frequent contacts near the
top, and all the people I hear from infrequently are near the end
(where "frequent" is defined as how often bbdb notices the net
address).  That way, it will still be useful to browse the bbdb.

Any suggestions here?  Is there any way to specify the sort order of
bbdb records when you are browsing in M-x bbdb ?  I saw something
interesting from Nix on gnu.emacs.sources (expire-bbdb.el I think)
that might touch on some of this (i.e. it added a timestamp field
IIRC) but the warnings scared me away.

Thanks,
Benjamin Rutt