On Friday, October 27 2000 05:08:32, Paul Franklin wrote:
> I took a totally different approach; I decided that I
> wanted someone in my bbdb if I replied to their email.
> So, as a gnus user, I did this:
This is a very nice idea, especially for news (actually I
know this feature from Outlook.  With Outlook I never found
it as useful as BBDBs automatic adding of new addresses, but
I always missed something like this since I disabled auto
creation for news and mailing lists in order not to get
buried under new records.

And a VM version of this would look like

(defun bbdb/vm-force-create ()
  "Force automatic adding of a bbdb entry for current message."
  (interactive)
  (let ((bbdb/mail-auto-create-p t)
        (bbdb-message-caching-enabled nil))
    (save-excursion
      (vm-select-folder-buffer)
      (bbdb/vm-pop-up-bbdb-buffer))))

(add-hook 'vm-reply-hook 'bbdb/vm-force-create)

Robert