I'm using the latest bbdd and it seems to work nicely.  However, there
is a new feature I haven't figured out how to turn off.

Whenever I bbdb-complete, the *BBDB* window pops up and seems to add
the completed entry to whatever was there before.  Interesting, but I
might tire of it staying there.  grepping for pop-up didn't seem to
help (in particular, bbdb-use-pop-up is nil).

Another problem I have is getting bbdb/gnus-header-prefer-real-names
to take effect in gnus 3.15.  However, I have not looked into it
closely enough to tell whether it is my fault or not (it probably is).

Thanks.