Anantha Padmanabha N. Srirama writes:
 > Folks,
 >      In my previous message I forgot to mention the circumstances under
 >      which the corruption occurred. Here is the scenario which caused the
 >      corruption:
 >
 >      - Somehow .bbdb buffer makes it to the top of the buffer stack thus
 >           leaving the cursor in it.
 >      - Unknowingly I type in a character into this buffer then switch to
 >        other buffers and continue with my work.
 >      - It is time to exit the 'emacs' session and I answer YES to the
 >        question of whter to save the .bbdb buffer. Emacs promptly saves
 >        this buffer. Now the next time around I am hosed when I try to bring
 >        up BBDB.
 >
 >      Also is there someway of opening a file in Emacs but not have it
 >      available for interactive editing. If such a facility were available
 >      then BBDB could open the .bbdb file in this mode so one cannot edit
 >      or corrupt this file by accident.

I agree.  I think it is annoying and dangerous that the .bbdb file
is an editable in the buffer list.  I wish it wasn't in the buffer
list at all!

Another thing I find annoying is how addresses are auto-completed.
Generally, I may have one address that should always be the sending
address to a given person.  However, I may have several addresses
listed as *they* may send mail to me from other machines.  Now when
I do auto-completion on an address I'm sending to, I have to
differentiate between that various addresses.

I think it would be useful if auto-completion only considered the
default address of each entry.  (Unless, there is no completion?)

Just a thought...

Ray