Jack Twilley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I've got a brutally ugly and hard-to-maintain nnmail-split-fancy
> variable in my .gnus file and I vaguely remember someone having
> documented some way to add something to a bbdb record, and then have
> gnus magically file emails sent to that person into the right folder.
>
> Does this exist?  Am I dreaming?  Is it still around?
>
> Jack.
> (help?)

Search for "from Brian Edmonds" in bbdb-gnus.el

To summarize,

(setq nnmail-split-methods 'bbdb/gnus-split-method)

and add a "gnus-private" field (or "gnus-public" for mailing lists) to your
BBDB records.

I also added:
(setq bbdb/gnus-split-nomatch-function 'nnmail-split-fancy)
to catch the rest.

NB: for some reason, byte-compiling bbdb-gnus.el broke this for me.  Removing
the bbdb-gnus.elc fixed the problem.

Adam