Jack Twilley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Adam> I only use gnus-private, so that I can have per-user sorting,
> Adam> without an regexp entry for each person in BBDB.
>
> So each related BBDB entry has a gnus-private tag, right?  That'll
> handle "other mail" and "people" in my example before.

Exactly.

> Where does gnus-public get set?  This confuses me a little.

I think you make an BBDB record for the mailing list, and then a gnus-public
entry therein.

> Yes, but you can't embed bbdb/gnus-split-method in
> nnmail-split-fancy.  I want to keep the antispam features of
> nnmail-split-fancy, but gnus-split-nomatch-function would run
> nnmail-split-fancy *after* bbdb/gnus-split-method, which would be
> nonoptimal, I'd think.
>
> I'd like to embed bbdb/gnus-split-method in nnmail-split-fancy, such
> that some processing takes place before BBDB is used to file mail, and
> some processing takes place afterwards.

As Kai already said, I think you can embed any function in nnmail-split-fancy.
Just leave bbdb/gnus-split-nomatch-function set to nil in that case.

So you'll want to have nnmail-split-methods set to your long expression, with a
(:  )  construct to call bbdb/gnus-split-method, and then the rest of your
regexps.  Let us know how this works.