On May 17, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> Is it not possible to share a .bbdb file between Emacs-20 and Xemacs-21?  Or
> is there some lisp format discrepancy I haven't account for somehow?

there are many discrepancies between emacs and xemacs that we, the
humble coders, attempt to shield y'all from, while complaining
bitterly etc. etc.

ahem, sorry. who put that soapbox there?

your problem is that you've used a sample piece of code in bbdb-hooks
or the manual to snag company names from the organisation line of a
gnus article buffer. on emacs, this means that you end up with the
text formatting crap in your bbdb, i.e. the chunk of wotsis that makes
the text green or whatever. xemacs doesn't appear to like this in the
slightest. there's a function in bbdb.el that will clean up this sort
of thing at add-time - bbdb-string-trim( string ). i should really
update the example to reflect this.

you can 'fix' your bbdb file by editing out the crud. there's a perl
script in the util directory that tries to do this automatically and
fails, so don't use that.

cheers,
waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"Junk food is considered part of the vegetable food group, because it comes
 from a plant. A big chemical plant. In New Jersey." - Kludge Dorsey