Ronan Waide writes:

> On August 29, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having some problems with name completion while using VM. I have more
> > than one person with the name Kees in my database, but when I use
> >
> >         kees M-TAB
> >
> > I only see the expansion of a single Kees (it is possible to cycle through
> > the various e-mail addresses for this person). Also, as I have already
> > mentioned in previous emails to the list, I cannot expand any of the
> > mail-alias fields (no problem in message mode).
>
> This appears to be a bug in the CVS bbdb if you use the default
> function for cleaning up usernames. I've not quite figured out why
> it's happening, but I think it may be linked to at least two different
> problems simultaneously. Given that I've been using the non-default
> username-cleaning function for the last month or so, I think I may
> well make it the default since it doesn't appear to have the above
> problem.

OK. I've installed 2.32 again and now I have the following problem (which
is far worse): I now get a completion buffer on all the possible "kees"
expansions:

        kees bakker
        kees de bruin
        kees de bruin (home)

So, when I select "kees de bruin" this is shown in the VM message, but it
is not expanded with the e-mail address. The completion window now displays

        kees de bruin
        kees de bruin (home)

This is some kind of circular thing unless I select "kees de bruin (home)"
which is diplayed in the VM message and another M-TAB will expand this.

So I think I will stick to 2.33 (CVS) and have to deal with it.

Kind regards,

--
Kees de Bruin                                      Senior Software Engineer
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        Altium Software BV