On , September 5 2001 13:42:10, Doug Alcorn wrote:
[...]
> > > The current setup seems to generate a lot more complaints,
> > > plus it's buggy in that the hook functions don't get an
> > > indication of whether the current record is From, To, Cc,
> > > or something else.
> >
> > Of what use would it be to hook functions, BTW what hook
> > functions, those calls in bbdb-annotate-message-sender?
>
> Like anything you write for bbdb/mail-auto-create-p or stuff from the
> bbdb-auto-notes-alist.  The bbdb-auto-notes-hook was taking stuff like
> Organization and adding it to all the recipients as well as the
> sender.  I use this as my alist:

I just committed a fix for this which adds two new variables
bbdb-update-address-class and bbdb-update-address-header
allowing hook functions to determine the class (authors or
recipients) and header a address was extracted from.

The function bbdb-auto-notes-hook now performs actions only
for authors of the From header.  The variable enhances
bbdb-auto-notes-alist was enhanced to allow also rules for
email addresses other than author.

The variable bbdb-get-addresses-headers has now a different
syntax and I abandoned bbdb-get-addresses-from-headers and
bbdb-get-addresses-to-headers.

Your are welcome to test this an report problems.

Robert