Sridhar Boovaraghavan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Thursday October 24, 2002 15:33:28 +0200, Niklas Morberg wrote:
>
>  > While compiling toplevel forms in file h:/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-gnus.el:
>  >   !! File error (("Searching for program" "no such file or directory"
>"/bin/sh.exe"))
>  >
>  > This occurs after doing autoconf, configure and then make in
>  > the top level directory with a freshly updated bbdb.
>  >

> I remember having a similar problem with cygwin. I "solved" it by
> creating a bin directory at the root level of the drive that cygwin
> was installed in and putting the cygwin sh.exe (should be in
> cygwin\bin).

Hm. The strange thing is that I do have a /bin/sh.exe file:

$ ls -l /bin/sh.exe
-rwxr-xr-x    1 niklas   None        68608 Jan 31  2002 /bin/sh.exe*

I also have another sh:

$ which sh
/usr/bin/sh

But when building, BBDB can't find any of them. Hang on,
I'll try your method. This is what I did:

1. 'cd c:'
2. 'mkdir bin'
3. 'cp /usr/bin/sh.exe bin/'

And now it magically works building BBDB. I don't understand
why. I still think something is broken somewhere, but BBDB
is working on my location now. Thanks!

Niklas