On July 22, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> I don't think Robert's question was answered. He wants to ignore
> *specific* addresses, not all addresses. Try
>
>    `bbdb-ignore-some-messages-alist'
>
>     An alist describing which messages *not* to automatically create
>     BBDB records for.  This only works if bbdb/news-auto-create-p or
>     bbdb/mail-auto-create-p (or both) is 'bbdb-ignore-some-messages-hook.
>
> I'm having problems with bbdb/mail-auto-create-p. It doesn't seem to
> work. bbdb/mail-auto-create-p is supposed to recognize 4 values: t,
> prompt, nil, and bbdb-<function>, but I all I seem to be able to get
> BBDB to recognize is nil and non-nil (i.e. prompt == t; I haven't tried
> bbdb-<function>).

If you set bbdb/<foo>-auto-create-p to a function, you can do all
manner of processing on the message and return t to indicate the
address should be added or nil to indicate that it shouldn't. That'd
be the "Create with function option" in the above list. 'prompt should
work, in that there's code in bbdb-com to check for it, but I can't
say I've tested that in a while. I'll try and have a look at it this
evening if I get a chance. Note, that value is 'prompt, not a variable
called prompt or the string "prompt". You're probably aware of that,
but just making sure. Try manually setting it rather than using
customize, since there are a few bugs in the custom stuff which I
really should fix.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"[comp.lang.javascript] is the ultimate penance group for being a
 self-flagellating idiot." - Lloyd Wood