On Wednesday, July 23, 2003 at 22:29:05, Ronan Waide wrote:
> On July 23, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> > Actually not, as they get called from bbdb-update-records
> > and that one cares for slightly different parameters, i.e.
> > promt-for-create is set to bbdb-prompt-for-create ...
>
> Ah. The reason I asked was that your fix applies to the core bbdb
> code, when perhaps it should be applied to the mh-e-specific
> code. On the other hand, maybe the stuff that's duplicated in
> bbdb-gnus and bbdb-vm should be in the core...

There is no duplicated code for this in Gnus and VM, but
that code is in bbdb-update-records and it is used by both.
The MUAs side just cares for address extraction, but updates
are handled by the generic function.  In order to allow
bbdb-update-records handling multiple addresses with just
one answer ("!" => add all remaining ones) I had been adding
this extra handling of the promt-for-create or even the
parameter itself?.

The problem was that the answer (adding or not) is given in
bbdb-annotate-message-sender, but bbdb-update-records
eventually needs to know about the answer ...

IMHO, both RMail and MHE should also use bbdb-update-records,
but I dare hacking them while being not able to test the
changes.  It would be great to have an active RMail/MHE user
that joins as a BBDB developer.

Robert