On July 24, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> Thus I propose the following change ... however this will
> break default behavior, i.e. being asked to create a new
> record for people which are already in the BBDB ...
>
> So have a look at this an vote for it or against ...

What does your patch do that, say, using a function for
bbdb/mail-auto-create-p doesn't do? For example, I have this:

(setq bbdb/mail-auto-create-p 'bbdb-add-record-hook)

And bbdb-add-record-hook is a custom function which does various
checks on the message - such as checking for a Precedence: bulk
header, verifying that the mail is addressed directly to me, etc. -
before returning a value indicating either create/update or
ignore. Similarily, bbdb-always-add-addresses can be set to a function
which returns one of t, nil, or 'never. I don't quite see the benefit
in adding yet another layer on top of this - the fact that there's
already two is excessive as it stands and probably an artifact of the
somewhat random development of BBDB. For which I'll freely admit at
least partial responsibility :)

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"I know nothing about what they do at CERN other than bang atoms
 together and produce graphs." - Alan Cox