On Monday, January 12, 2004 at 10:46:40, Ted Stern wrote:
> I sometimes read messages in Gmane groups that come from users who
> are already in my bbdb file.  But due to address encryption, they
> address looks like
>
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Is there a way to get bbdb to *not* add this address to the database
> but still recognize the sender?

Is `bbdb-canonicalize-net-hook' what you are looking for?

You could use it to decode the address with something like:

(defun gmane-bbdb-canonicalize-net-hook (address)
   (replace-in-string address REGEXP NEWTEXT &optional LITERAL)
   address)

And then there is also `bbdb-ignore-some-messages-alist' and
`bbdb-ignore-most-messages-alist' to avoid the adding of any
addresses to your BBDB from matching messages!

Bye
Robert