On Thursday, January 22, 2004 at 11:28:45, Mats Lidell wrote:

> Robert> Is `bbdb-canonicalize-net-hook' what you are looking for?
>
> I don't think so because this hook is used to change the address
> into something but the gmain address can't be decoded into something
> useful.

If there is a way to determine the user by the means of some
header, then bbdb-search-simple could return a corresponding
record and return its net.  This way the correct entry is
shown in the BBDB buffer and nothing else happens, if the
user is not found then return something firing some rule of
`bbdb-ignore-some-messages-alist'.

You are free to do what ever you want in the hook ...

Robert

PS: I have no idea what you mean by a gmane-address and I am
    to tired to digging for it by myself ... providing an
    example gmane-address/message might help ...